The Bipartisan Infrastructure Law provides the basis for FHWA programs and activities through September 30, 2026. It makes a once-in-a-generation investment of $350 billion in highway programs. This includes the largest dedicated bridge investment since the construction of the Interstate Highway System.
New programs under the Bipartisan Infrastructure Law focus on key infrastructure priorities including rehabilitating bridges in critical need of repair, reducing carbon emissions, increasing system resilience, removing barriers to connecting communities, and improving mobility and access to economic opportunity
Many of the new programs include eligibility for local governments, Metropolitan Planning Organizations (MPOs), Tribes, and other public authorities, allowing them to compete directly for funding.
You can find important resources for the BIL below.
- How BIL impacts New Mexico
- Be Involved and In The Know!
- Funding Opportunities for Local Agencies
- Federal Aid for Local Public Agencies
- Interactive Funding Opportunity Map
- FHWA BIL Webinars
- Apply for Discretionary Grants
- White House: Funding you can apply for today!
For more detailed information about the BIL, select the links below!
Safe Streets For All (SS4F)
Building a Better America